Community Cafe

Making a meal of community cohesion

The Friday Community Cafe, run by staff and volunteers, is open to all members of the community.

Community Cafe
 

The Cafe is a great place of welcome serving approximately 46% of meals to refugees and asylum seekers with the remaining 54% to individuals who are homeless or who are local residents.

 

We also invite our neighbours and local residents to our special events, such as sharing food from around the world at Interfaith Lunch, Big Lunch, St Patrick’s Day Lunch and Easter celebrations.

Opening times:

Friday 12.00pm - 2.00pm

The Impact of Our Community Cafe

Our community café, volunteering opportunities and community events are helping to build stronger relationships between residents and new arrivals.  The café is staffed by local volunteers from new and existing communities. Our move to new premises will create more opportunities for new and existing community members to make use of and be involved in integration and cohesion focused activities that make use of a shared community space.

Two of our Café users’ comments on the impact of the community café on building relationships, 

"The best thing about Brushstrokes is “community coming together, mixing with different ages and backgrounds”. Jaz

“Neighbours are so busy; it is good to come to Brushstrokes to have conversations…mix with people.” Irwin

 

Read Our Recipes

A collection of recipes gathered from dishes shared at Brushstrokes annual BIG LUNCHES and series of cookery demonstrations can be found here

love food.png
Impact

Brushstrokes Community Project

Charity Commission registration number 512992 - Father Hudson's Society

  • Facebook Social Icon